System Plast<sup>®</sup> Nolu Clean Bearings For Food Processing Solution
System Plast® Solution
Nolu®-Clean washdown bearings with rear back side seal and end caps were a drop-in replacement from the competitor bearings they were using. The back side seal eliminated the particle entrapment point and did not require any additional sealing components or frame changes. The customer said, “I think we’ve solved our problem.”
Food Processing Equipment
Maintenance Cost Savings
Description of the Problem
A food processing equipment manufacturer was receiving complaints that bread crumbs used in a chicken breading process were getting packed in the open area between the back of the bearing and the conveyor frame. This particle entrapment was a concern to inspectors and plant personnel. Using a competitor mounted ball bearing, the customer was reviewing the potential use of auxiliary seals and changes to the conveyor frame.
Key Customer needs and benefits
Nolu®-Clean mounted bearings are made with an antimicrobial material for improved hygiene. These bearings will help customers meet the requirements of the USDA and other government agencies as they relate to the prevention of contamination of food products and the growth of bacteria.
Nolu®-Clean Antimicrobial Mounted Bearings
System Plast® brand Nolu®-Clean bearings from Regal are made from an antimicrobial material for improved hygiene. Created through the latest available technology, Nolu-Clean bearings will help equipment builders meet the requirements of the USDA and other government agencies as they relate to the prevention of contamination of food products and the growth of bacteria.
Nolu-Clean Bearing Applications:
- Food and Beverage Industry
- Material Handling
- Solid reinforced thermoplastic housing
- Stainless steel insert option
- Special long-life grease lubrication
- Back-side seal
- Thermoplastic FDA approved cap material
- Self alignment - will adjust to a misaligned straight shaft up to 2.5°
- Optional integrated bearing standoffs available to meet stringent sanitation standards for cleaning and inspection
- Superior cap and seal system protects bearing insert from contaminants and wash-down chemicals
- Corrosion resistant
- Low maintenance