System Plast<sup>®</sup> Extra Plus Stainless Steel Chain and HB Pin
The competitor’s chain on the manufacturer’s crate pre-sort table was suffering from heavy wear due to the abrasive conditions which come from the handling of the crates and glass bottles.
System Plast® Solution
The System Plast SSEL815-K325HB chain is made with a special 400 series Extra Plus high performance stainless steel material. This chain is also supplied with a hardened “HB” pin. The combination of the two is excellent for high speed or combined high speed and abrasive applications.
Crate pre-sort table.
Reduced maintenance costs and increased production efficiency.
Key Customer need(s) and Benefits from System Plast Products
The SSEL815-K325HB chain with the HB pin has both exceptionally high corrosion and wear resistance characteristics. Almost 2 years later, the customer checked on the wear of the chain and found hardly any wear since installation. In these harsh circumstances, our chain offers an extended service life. The HB pin is now standard in highly abrasive applications such as this, significantly reducing maintenance costs.
SSEL815-K325HB chain with the HB pin.
- Product: full/empty bottles in crates
- Weight: 26 (lbs/pc)
- Capacity : 1,200 (pcs/hour)
- Speed: 98 (ft/min)
- Line position: crate pre sort table
- Product size: 12” x 15.75”
- Abrasives: glass, sand and dirt
- Temperature: 68° F
- Special conditions: dirty crates; little cleaning
The special 400 series Extra Plus high performance stainless steel chain was specially developed for high speed and heavy duty applications. It offers excellent corrosion resistance and the highest surface hardness available.
The HB pin is vacuum hardened stainless steel with exceptionally high wear resistance characteristics, extending the life of your chains. It also has good corrosion and chemical resistance and is ideal for high speed and/or abrasive applications.
Features and Benefits
- Surface hardness of HRC 26-30
- Extremely flat and superior surface finish leading to improved product stability over standard chain series
- High corrosion and wear resistance
- Higher ultimate yield loading capability versus standard pins
- Typically used in pressureless combiners and extra long conveyors
- Ultimate abrasion resistance
- Outstanding wear life