ModSort<sup>®</sup> Trident 3-Way Divert Module
The ModSort® Trident is a Regal® concept and a continuation of its ModSort technologies, which is known for its quiet operation. ModSort technologies include the ModSort Station (individual transfer), ModSort Derivatives (with expanded sort capacity) and Flat Sorter Systems (with a complete mobile and expandable solution). The ModSort Trident three-way sortation system includes additional mechanical variations to this turnkey solution.
Part of the ModSort suite of products, the ModSort Trident has a four-zone infeed that gaps a product, reads the package, and sends it down a belt, where it then diverts left, right or straight on a 30-degree spur-curve to one of three sorting locations.
ModSort Trident Features:
- Frame mounted HMI operator control panel with push buttons for start/stop, reset, communications fault, and emergency stop
- Allen-Bradley-based PLC controller/power panel
- Compact Logix 5380 processor
- Allen-Bradley 24-volt DC power supplies
- Allen-Bradley Stratix network switch
- Optional NAT
- Digital/Analog input/output backplane array
- I/O sub panels for MDR motor controller cards
The ModSort Trident is ideal as a secondary sortation station in a fulfillment center and works well with parcel post, e-commerce and warehouse distribution applications and can accommodate up to 50 cartons per minute on average, with a weight limit of 50 pounds. It utilizes a 34 inch wide (between frame) x 66 inch long triple-belt divert for polybags, boxes, flats and some types of totes. ModSort Trident technology uses 24-volt DC power and requires only a simple power drop and Ethernet connection to customer warehouse management solution. Designed to be mobile (the unit comes on heavy duty casters) and can be redeployed if needed to another location.