Next Generation Skwezloc Concentric Locking Collar Design
The Skwezloc® concentric locking collar design first debuted in 1966. In the early 2000’s, more competitive designs with concentric locking collars were introduced.
These designs require Turned, Ground, and Polished (T&P) shaft tolerances.
The Sealmaster next generation Skwezloc Concentric Locking Collar has been redesigned to accommodate “Commercial” Turned and Polished (T&P) shaft tolerances with improved lock reliability of T&P shaft tolerances.
Features of the Next Generation Skwezloc® Locking Collar Design include:
- Innovative circumferential groove on the inner ring bore that improves shaft grip.
- Larger cap screw and collar for improved clamping force to the shaft.
- Potential user cost reduction on shafting by specifying “Commercial” tolerances.
- Same simple single screw installation.
- Patented design.
|SHAFT DIAMETER||OLD TOLERANCE RANGE TURNED, GROUND & POLISHED(TG&P)||NEW TOLERENCE RANGE** COMMERCIAL SHAFTING TURNED & POLISHED(T&P)|
|1/2" to 2"||+.0000 / -.0005"||+.000 / -.003"|
|2 1/8" to 2 7/16"||+.0000 / -.0010"||+.000 / -.004"|
Note: all value exceed axial load capacity of the bearing
*In laboratory axial push off testing for 1 7/16", the next generation design resulted in:
- 85% holding force improvement on turned, ground & polish Shafting vs old design;
- 59% holding force improvement on turned, ground & polish Shafting vs leading competitor; and
- 113% holding force improvement on turned & polish shafting vs leading competitor