ATEX GAS Motors
The following information is required for correct electric motor selection:
ATEX Gas explosion-proof electric motors:
- The ATEX Category (or Zone) and the protection method
- Temperature class
- For flameproof electric motors Ex II 2G Ex-d and Ex II 2G Ex-d(e):• The Gas Group: A, B or C.
Category and Area Classification
Two groups are referred to in the ATEX 2014/35/EU directive: Group I and II.
Both groups are subdivided into Categories. These Categories indicate whether a device or protection system can be deployed in a possibly explosive atmosphere with gas, mist or fumes (G) or with dust (D).
Group I: = mining industry group
Group II: = other locations
- Category 1G Zone 0
- Category 2G Zone 1
- Category 3G Zone 2
The rotor nl® flameproof electric motors type 3RD and 4RD are according the new and strict ATEX rules. These motors are deliverable in frame size IEC 71 - 315, protection class standard IP 55, casing cast iron, and standard with PTC temperature measurement element. Rotor is able to supply the rotor nl® flameproof electric motors according to all kind of executions and specifications like:
- Ex-de or Ex-d
- gas group II C
- temperature class T1 to T6
- power: 0.09 kW to 200 kW
- frequency 50 / 60 Hz
- suitable for frequency inverters pole changing motors
For all Zones (Gas and Dust) please specify:
- Whether the motor is to be frequency inverter controlled.
- Any specific model/execution is required
The ATEX directives do not apply to:
- Sea vessels and mobile offshore installations or for the equipment intended to be installed on board of sea vessels or offshore installations. They all must comply with the IMO(International Maritime Organization) convention.
- Means of transport not intended for explosive atmospheres.