ICE 59 Motors
Our ICE 59 motors are primarily used in the evaporator of commercial refrigeration walk-in coolers and freezers, but can be used in many applications demanding high efficiency and dependability with output ratings up to 74.6 watts.
Combining over 20 years of GE ECM by Regal Beloit experience with Morrill Motors commitment to value, quality, and service we are now offering the commercial refrigeration industry’s first smart 74.6 watt electronically commutated motor available. Our ICE 59 significantly outperforms both shaded pole and PSC technology and offers features like variable speed. With efficiencies three times higher than shaded pole motors and 40% higher than PSC, in addition to the reliable design, the ICE 59 provides users the most reliable and best energy savings solution for their applications.
- Voltage: 115 (90-132) or 208-230 (180-264) V Single Phase
- Output: Peak output 74.6 watts – 1/10 HP (rated at 1550 RPM); 50 watts - 1/15 HP (rated at 1550 RPM)
- Efficiency: ~68% peak
- Speed Range: 500 – 1800 RPM
- Speeds: 1 or 2 (speed regulated +/- 6%); Variable
- Rotation: CW, CCW, or CW/CCW for discrete speeds. CW or CCW for PWM
- Programmable: For a fully equipped ICE 59, the ECM Toolbox can be used to change the operating type between discrete, PWM. For discrete operation, the number of speeds, RPM, and Rotation can be programmed. For PWM operation, the turn on and turn off speeds and direction of rotation can be programmed. Additionally, the ECM Toolbox can be used to generate the PWM signal for use in laboratory testing.
- Type: 3.3” electronically commutated
- Shaft: Single and Double shaft. 5/16” single shaft with single flat is standard. 8mm and double flat shafts available
- Enclosure: Totally enclosed – air over required
- Bearing: Ball bearing with low temperature grease
- Mounting: Standard 0.5” - #10-32 studs on shaft end (2.8” bolt circle) Optional 0.5” - #10-32 studs on the opposite shaft end (2.8” bolt circle
- Operating Position: All angle
- Control: Integrated to the motor, or remotely mounted
- Leads: Many customized lead options are available.
- Storage Temps: -40 to 80° C ambient
- Operating Temps: -40 to 55° C ambient
- Design Life: 10 years, 83,720 hours on time (for typical evaporator fan applications)
- Used to read/load program files into ARKTIC 59/ ICE 59 – 1/10 HP and 1/15 HP motors that are primarily used in commercial refrigeration walk-in coolers and freezers.
- To provide a Portable Device that allows our customers to access the programming function of the ARKTIC 59 / ICE 59 / 1/10 HP / 1/15 HP
- Will program RPM and Rotation for the number of speeds available in our existing ARKTIC 59 / ICE 59 motors 1/10 and 1/15 HP versions (2 Speeds) thru the 8 pin Connector.
- Will program RPM and Rotation for the number of speeds available for our Re-Design ARKTIC 59 / ICE 59 motors 1/10 and 1/15 HP versions (4 Speeds) thru Mini USB Connector – Available in September 2012.
- Capable of programming through the speed range in any combination of speeds (500-1800 RPM) and Rotations.
- Can be used for lab use during development testing and Field use for Installations / Maintenance / Change Outs / Retrofits
- Works on a 9V battery or 9VDC power supply both provided in the kit.