HEAVY-DUTY CAMROL<sup>®</sup> BEARINGS
Heavy-Duty CAMROL® Bearings Features
The Industry Leader...In 1937, McGill bearing engineers invented the first needle bearing cam follower. Since that time the McGill CAMROL bearing line has maintained its leadership position through the development of innovative solutions to the problems faced by the industry.
The Problem Solver...Heavy-DutyMcGill heavy-duty CAMROL bearings are designed to help solve some of the toughest problems in your cam follower applications. Utilizing heavy-duty CAMROL bearings in situations involving incidental thrust loads, higher speeds, contamination, or maintenance-free operation can provide significant operational life increases
over standard cam followers.
Improved Thrust Capability
Standard needle bearing cam followers are designed to handle heavy radial loads; however, thrust loads can cause early failure.
- Double rows of cylindrical rollers are designed in the bearing to help it take incidental thrust sometimes associated with cam follower operation. The double row of cylindrical rollers also allows for high speeds and a high dynamic rating for extended fatigue life.
Maintains McGill Bearing Quality Features
The heavy-duty CAMROL bearing was designed with tough applications in mind, and maintains a quality, robust design unique to McGill bearings.
- Zone hardened raceways provide high load ratings, and the ductile stem gives strength for absorbing shocks.
- Integral flange in the stud type prevents disassembly in thrust load situations.
- Center thrust ring provides a smooth surface for thrust load carrying and roller guidance.
Even a small amount of contamination can significantly reduce bearing life. Dust can wick oil out of the bearing, water can wash the grease out, and particulate matter or contamination can dent raceways.
- Rubber Lip Seals are standard in the heavy-duty CAMROL bearings. Although standard cam followers do well in most situations, at times, seals such as those in the heavy-duty CAMROL bearing are needed for
increased protection against contamination. The rubber lip seals are pointed inward for improved grease retention.
Provides Lube-For-Life Operation
Heavy-duty CAMROL bearings last up to 5 times longer than standard needle bearing cam followers in lube-for-life tests.
- Large Lubricant Reservoirs and rubber lip seals help keep more grease in the bearing for maintenance-free operation.