White Duck™ Motor
- USDA-approved white epoxy finish
- Four condensation drains in each end shield
- Moisture-resistant shaft system
- Buna-N gaskets and Viton® shaft seals on both ends of TEFC designs
- Moisture-resistant interior coating inhibits corrosion
- Meets IP55 enclosure protection
- Single-phase motors feature an electronic solid-state switch
- NEMA® Premium—140 Frame and higher
- Inverter-rated IRIS® insulation system—1HP and higher
- Viton is a trademark of Chemours Company. All Rights Reserved.
- Exxon and Polyrex are trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
- Durable, USDA-approved white epoxy finish for superior protection and resistance to caustic cleaning solutions.
- Drains for all mounting orientations purges condensate/water which may enter motor.
- Moisture-resistant shaft system includes 303 stainless-steel shaft and lubricated, spring-loaded contact seals.
- Windings are immersed and cured in polyester insulating compound for moisture and corrosion protection.
- Encapsulated starting switch resists moisture, shock, and vibration for worry-free starting in high-vibration installations. (Single-Phase Washguard® motors)
- The exclusive IRIS® Inverter-rated insulation system provides extra protection and long life, especially in inverter-driven applications
The White Duck™ motors are suited for an occasional wash down application in conveying, bottling, food packaging, pumping, and fan applications where batch or process requirements demand reliable performance.
Single and three phase, epoxy coated, rigid base, C Face footed and footless, jet pump, brake motors, and AC/DC gearmotors are available for applications in wet, humid, or washdown environments.
Three-year warranty on Premium Efficient designs.
1. Stainless-steel or white polypropylene fan guard on all WASHGUARD® frames
2. Composite fan is chemically-inert and static-free. Fan is positively positioned on shaft on TEFC designs only
3. Stainless-steel, “full-fact” nameplate includes information on motor efficiency and connections. Readable even after repeated washdowns
4. USDA-approved, white epoxy finish for superior protection and resistance to caustic cleaning solutions
5. Encapsulated starting switch (single-phase WASHGUARD motors) uses a patented, field-proven design that is immune to moisture, shock and vibration. No moving parts or exposed contacts to become corroded or inoperable
6. Moisture-resistant shaft system includes 303 stainless-steel shaft and lubricated, spring-loaded contact seals in each endshield. Patented V-ring Forsheda seal on shaft end to deflect water (see inset). Double-sealed, oversized bearings lubricated with Exxon POLYREX® EM high temperature, moisture-resistant lubricant. Bearing cavities packed to further retard entrance of moisture
7. Cast, oversized conduit box with tough, high-temperature nitrile gaskets and stainless-steel cover and hardware. Oversized design with threaded entrance. All machined fits are sealed and nylon gaskets are used under bolt heads
8. Interior coatings protect against moisture and corrosion. Frame, base, endshields, rotor, and interior components are protected by enamel and polyester compounds of outstanding adhesion and resistance to moisture, acids, alkalies, and oils. High temperature, moisture resistant IRIS insulation system assures long life on inverter service. Windings are immersed and cured in polyester insulating compound
9. Four condensate drains in each endshield (at three, six, nine, and twelve o’clock) purge condensate and water which may enter the motor