Kop-Flex® high-performance couplings are engineered and applied based on the API 671 guidelines and are designed to last for the life of the connected equipment. However, operating equipment beyond the design limits may shorten their effective service life. This may be a result of a higher number of starts due to less frequent turnarounds, or increased misalignment while in operation.
Kop-Flex coupling re-certification resets the damage accumulation the coupling has endured while operating under severe loading conditions through the replacement of the flexible elements, in the case of disc couplings and hardware.
As part of an effective proactive maintenance strategy, Kop-Flex coupling re-certification restores your coupling to alike new condition for about half the cost of a replacement and can help ensure the reliable operation of your critical rotating equipment.
REGAL® CAN RE-CERTIFY KOP-FLEX® COUPLINGS BACK TO API 671 OR OTHER INDUSTRY STANDARDS
- Comprehensive mechanical/metallurgical inspection.
- Provide an evaluation report with detailed findings confirming the value of the re-certification.
- Update design to current standards.
- Glass bead blast cleaning, hand polishing.
- Replacement of flexible elements (disc packs) where applicable.
- Replacement of ALL hardware; shims, bolts, nuts, washers.
- Re-balance to original specifications.
- Package in the custom wooden crate; long term storage protection options available.