SERIES H Features & Benefits
- Higher Misalignment Capability
Sizes 1-7 compensate for up to ±1 1/2° static angular misalignment per gear mesh.
Minimizing operating misalignment will maximize the life of the coupling. Refer to the Installation and Alignment Instructions for alignment recommendations.
- Larger Bore Capabilities allow the most economical size selection for shafts up to 10 5/8".
- Higher Torque Ratings due to larger tooth pitch diameters than other couplings.
- Versatility in that Series H’s are interchangeable by half coupling with competitive coupling designs.
- 1 1/2° Curved-Face Teeth are a prime feature of the Series H coupling, sizes 1-7. The crowned hub teeth are a 20° full-depth involute tooth form with flank, tip, and root curvature. When
used with the straight faced sleeve teeth, these 1 1/2° curved face hubs offer increased shaft misalignment capability
CENTER FLANGE BOLTING
All couplings feature precision-drilled flange bolt holes, and tight tolerance Grade 5 flange bolts to assure a long-lasting flange to flange and fastener fit. Exposed bolt flanges are
standard. Shrouded bolt flanges can be supplied through size 5. Size #5 1/2 and larger couplings are only available with exposed bolt flanges.
Each sleeve flange is supplied with two pipe plugs 180° apart. This permits assembly of a full flex coupling with four lube plugs positioned every 90°, facilitating lubrication. The lube seal is a Buna-N O-ring to help retain grease and exclude contaminants. KHP or KSG coupling greases are recommended in order to obtain maximum operating life.
FAST’S® COUPLING Features & Benefits
The FAST’S gear coupling is available in two basic product lines:
FAST’S coupling for medium to heavy-duty applications
- Sizes 1 1/2 through 7 with integral end ring.
- Sizes 8 through 30 with bolt-on end ring.
FAST’S Model B coupling for light to medium-duty applications
Model B couplings are not interchangeable with standard FAST’S® couplings.
- Sizes 1 1/2 through 3 1/2 with integral end ring.
CENTER FLANGE BOLTING
All couplings feature precision-drilled flange bolt holes, and tight tolerance. Grade 5 flange bolts to assure a long-lasting flange to flange and fastener fit. Exposed bolt flanges are standard.
Shrouded bolt flanges can be supplied through size 5. Size #5 1/2 and larger couplings are only available with exposed bolt flanges.
FAST’S couplings are designed for ± 1/2° static misalignment per half coupling. Minimizing operating misalignment will maximize the life of the coupling. Refer to the Installation and Alignment Instructions for alignment recommendations.
WALDRON® COUPLING Features & Benefits
- IMPROVED SOFT SEAL offers superior sealing under misaligned conditions.
- UNIQUE TOOTH FORM using a 40° pressure angle, distributes the load over a larger area than couplings which use a 20° pressure angle.
- FULL TOOTH ENGAGEMENT reduces uneven wear on teeth that results in longer life plus improved performance.
- QUALITY EXPOSED FASTENERS consists of SAE Grade 5 bolts with hex nuts and lock washers. Installation is simple, without special tools. Shrouded bolts optional.
- CLEAR RUST INHIBITIVE AND CORROSION RESISTANT FINISH protects coupling in normal industrial environments.
- AVAILABLE OFF-THE-SHELF in reborables with large bore capabilities or stock finish bored.
- OPTIONAL PILOT RINGS provides positive register between identical halves. Eliminates selective assembly required in male, female sleeves.
- INTERCHANGEABLE by half coupling with competitive coupling designs.
- HIGHER MISALIGNMENT CAPABILITY sizes 1-7 compensate for up to ±1 1/2° static angular misalignment per gear mesh.
Series H Gear Couplings
Series H couplings of Size 8 to 30 are designed for ±1/2° misalignment per flex half coupling, to compensate for misalignment between the shafts in a full-flex coupling. Series H couplings can be supplied in full-flex, flex-rigid, floating shaft and spacer arrangements as well as custom designs. Only exposed bolt flanges are available in sizes 8 to 30.
The straight-faced, involute stub tooth form is used in the Series H coupling, sizes 8 to 30. This tooth form distributes contact pressures across the full length of the hub tooth, to best develop the needed lubricating film, minimizing tooth wear and extending coupling service life for years of operation. The End Rings are removable for ease of assembly and to allow inspection of the gear sets. A Buna-N O-ring seal is incorporated to help exclude contaminants and retain the lubricant.
FAST'S® Gear Couplings
The FAST’S® design, with its lifetime all-metal end ring, provides up to 300% greater lubricant capacity. This means that longer periods between relubrication may be scheduled.
The all-metal end ring, used exclusively in FAST’S® couplings, eliminates the need for any type of perishable lube seal (o-rings, lip seals, cork gaskets, etc.). The end ring not only provides the dam over which lubricant must flow to escape, but it additionally pilots the sleeve with respect to the hub during start-up and shut-down operations. It further eliminates partial tooth disengagement with resulting tooth overloads by providing sleeve teeth which are flush against the inside wall of the end ring.
It is the only coupling designed to use oil lubrication.
To be sure that your couplings provide Maximum Life, always specify FAST’S® couplings, with the all-metal end ring.
The Straight-Faced involute hub tooth form featured in the FAST’S® coupling is virtually unique in the industry today. It is this tooth form that distributes tooth contact pressures across the full length of the hub tooth, best developing the needed hydrodynamic lube film, minimizing tooth wear and extending coupling life. It is the only hub tooth form available in the standard FAST’S® coupling line.
WALDRON® Gear Couplings
FULL ENGAGEMENT TEETH
The WALDRON® gear coupling has been designed with full length tooth engagement with the inherent result of longer life and improved performance.
OPTIONAL PILOT RINGS
The standard WALDRON® coupling consists of two identical half couplings. Optional precision steel pilot rings are available when more accurate centering of the two sleeves is required.
HIGH MISALIGNMENT SEAL
Competitive gear couplings incorporate an O-ring seal. In order to conform with today’s high misalignment capacities, this O-ring must fit into a groove that is larger than the ring. WALDRON® couplings use a truly high misalignment seal that seals remarkably under misaligned conditions.
This flangeless design transmits identical torques as the standard WALDRON® Coupling. Having a smaller outside diameter, however, it is more compact, lighter, and can run at greater speeds. This alternative may be selected for applications where space is limited.