SpartanTM Aluminum Worm Gear Drives
SPARTAN™ worm speed reducers are compact, rugged and lightweight alternatives for design flexibility. Up to 2/3 lighter and 1/3 smaller than comparable cast iron units.
• Power Ratings from 1/4 to 8.2 hp.
• Output Torque to 3,900 in-lbs.
• Ratios from 7:1 through 4020:1.
• Output Speeds 25 rpm to 250 rpm.
• Vent free design, factory lubricated with premium synthetic PAG460 gear lubricant with an operating temperature range of -25°F to 225°F (-32°C to 104°C).
• Precison machined single-piece aluminum alloy housing designed for light weight with high tensile strength.
• Resinol RT (MIL-STD 276) vacuum impregnated housings and caps for protection and sealing.
• Alloy shafting for greater strength.
• Hardened and ground worm and alloy bronze gear for greater wear life.
• Oversized bearings for higher shock and radial load capacity.
• Worm-worm and Helical-worm double reduction available.
• Modified Standard and Custom Designs.
• Zinc plated steel mounting feet and torque arms.
• Long and short output mounting flanges.
• Unique or Harsh Environment Adaptations.
Motorized Worm Gear Drives:
• Motors produced by Marathon Electric for high efficiency, reliability and durability.
• General or Definite Purpose Motors.
• Brake or inverter duty motors, DC or washdown motors.
• Motor/Gear Drive Package Incentives Available, consult factory.
• See Section E for Available Motors.