HERA® Stainless Steel Gear Drive
Hub City® HERA® gear drives are a no-hassle, bolt-in replacement for worm speed reducers to deliver 90% plus efficiency and up to 2 times the torque rating. HERA delivers longer life to reduce downtime. These drives are available in all stainless versions which are great for washdown or corrosive environments.
HERA gear drives can be selected in a couple of ways. One is simply to choose by application parameters such as ratio, application torque or input horsepower and service factor. Another way is to interchange from the existing worm gear size. We have competitor interchanges available as well as the HERA Selector App on your smart phone, available from both major mobile OS providers.
- IP69K CERTIFIED to Withstand Sustained High Temperature High Pressure Washdown
- Dual lip seals configured for severe high pressure and chemical washdown environments
- 316 stainless steel housings and 303 stainless steel shafts
- HACCP compatible
- BISSC certified
- Three year warranty.
- Popular "generic" bolt pattern on mounting surfaces for drop-in worm gear drive replacement.
- Mounting: Hera45 accessories available to directly replace worm products from 2.38” to 3.25” CD. Hera55 accessories available to directly replace worm products from 3.25” to 4.25” CD.
- Input: Solid shaft, quill-style motor frame (Hera45: 56C-180TC, Hera55: 56C-256TC), coupled motor frame (56C-210TC).
- Output: Hera45 solid shaft up to 1.375” diameter, hollow bore up to 1.500” diameter. Hera55 solid shaft up to 1.875” diameter, hollow bore up to 2.188” diameter.
- Lubrication: Factory-filled with food-grade PAG oil.
- Seals: Viton.
- Premium-efficiency Marathon (XRI) motors can be paired with HERA to optimize system efficiency.
- Available ratios from 7/1 to 60/1 (non-integer)
- 90% efficiency & Up to 2X more torque in a No-Hassle Worm Gear Drive replacement.
- Up to 40% Energy Savings - Smaller Motor Requirements - Longer Gearbox Life - Rapid Payback.
- One size can replace up to 4 sizes of worm gear drives.
- Four models of HERA can replace 12 sizes of worm gear drives.
Hera35, Hera45, Hera55 and Hera75 are available in most popular configurations
- Base Mounting Kits.
- Torque Arm Kits.
- Side Mount Flange Kits.
- Vertical Mount Bracket Kits.
- Plug-in Output Shaft Kits.
- C-flange (coupling type) Adapter Kits.
HERA® Gear Drive Easy Drop-in Worm Gear Replacement
Starch Plant Saves $48,000 with HERA
How do customers and industries work to balance new sanitation regulations against productivity to keep up with the ever-growing demand for food and beverage? Read how they achieve this through product innovations…