Browning TorqTaper Plus Aggregate Conveyor Solution
A major aggregate quarry has used a competitor’s “AGMA-size 215” shaft mount on this application in the past. Two years ago, the quarry had to replace this unit after excessive oil was leaking from the input and output seals. The quarry also noticed metal filings in the oil, indicating that the internal gears were also wearing. A local repair facility provide a rebuilt reducer at
approximately half the cost of a new unit. After only 8 months the quarry noticed similar problems with the rebuilt shaft mount that was installed.
Browning 215SMTP15 reducer (and accessories) purchased due to patented barrier seal system, quality gears, higher torque ratings, tapered roller bearings and warranty.
Processing system where aggregate is loaded onto a flat conveyor belt and transferred to an inclined conveyor before it is re-processed through screening and crushing applications. Significant amount of airborne contaminants present in application. Some shock load when material is dropped onto flat conveyor belt.
Maintenance cost savings.
Key Customer Need(s) and Benefits
Although the upfront cost for the 215SMTP15 reducer was higher versus the rebuilt unit, the aggregate producer realized a long term cost savings in this application.
BROWNING® TORQTAPER® PLUS SHAFT MOUNT REDUCER
Features and Benefits
• Patented Torq Taper plus mounting system allows ease of installation and removal
• Patented barrier seal system provides protection in the most extreme applications
• Tapered roller bearings on all shafts for maximum thrust capacity
• Commercially available bearings and seals make maintenance trouble-free
• Carburized and ground gearing provides higher rating capacity less space
• Size 107 - 800
• 3⁄4” through 8” shaft sizes
• Ratios 5:1, 9:1, 15:1, 25:1, and 35:1
• Up to 675,000 in/lbs torque
• Field installable back stop
• Easily converted to a set screw conveyor
• Available in c- face and hydraulic inputs