Electronically Commutated Motors (ECMs) are found in outdoor fan and indoor blower applications in residential and light commercial HVAC systems. These direct drive Fractional Horsepower (FHP) motors include constant torque, constant speed and constant airflow. They are often referred to as variable speed motors.
ECMs were introduced to the HVAC industry in 1987 yet they are still widely misunderstood, regularly misdiagnosed and typically thought of as very complex. ECMs are an established and growing technology in HVAC. Knowledge of this technology is crucial for a successful career in the HVAC industry.
ECM training classes include one or more of the following topics:
- Comprehend the basics of ECM technology
- Explain ECM efficiency
- Utilize the installation requirements of ECM driven systems
- Convey how ECM technology benefits HVAC systems
- Learn how to diagnose and replace ECM
- Learn how ECM work against static pressure and their limitations
- Learn how to diagnose and solve air flow issues
- Learn how to retrofit/upgrade induction motors with ECM
- Introduction to new technologies
The knowledge gained from ECM training will help all HVAC professionals gain the confidence and competence needed to install ECM driven systems to operate at peak performance and provide maximum comfort, as well as diagnose and service these systems if needed. The biggest advantage of this course is that it comes directly from the leading manufacturer of ECM motors in residential and light commercial HVAC and commercial refrigeration applications. From theory to practical knowledge, it’s all here.
ECM training classes are NATE recognized and all NATE certified technicians will receive a 1-hour credit for each class hour toward recertification in all of the forced air disciplines they are currently certified in.
Click here to find a training class in your area or get started now by downloading our free training materials or watching our free training videos (see below).
If you like your self training on the go, search for “Dealer Toolbelt” from the app store on your mobile device.
Product and Training Literature
- DTB Handout, multi-branded Morrill<sup>™</sup>, Century<sup>®</sup>, Genteq<sup>®</sup>, Fasco<sup>®</sup>
- Genteq<sup>®</sup> ECM Made Easy<sup>™</sup>
- Genteq<sup>®</sup> ECM Service Guide
- Genteq<sup>®</sup> Evergreen<sup>®</sup> Intune<sup>®</sup> WIFI Programmer Sell Sheet
- Genteq<sup>®</sup> Evergreen<sup>®</sup> Motor Solutions
- Genteq<sup>®</sup> Evergreen<sup>®</sup> Multi Product Brochure
- Genteq<sup>®</sup> Evergreen<sup>®</sup> OM Install Guide 230V
- Genteq<sup>®</sup> Evergreen<sup>®</sup> OM Install Guide 460V
- Genteq<sup>®</sup> Kryo<sup>™</sup> Fortress Motors/Fan Packs Brochure
- Genteq<sup>®</sup> TECINspect<sup>®</sup> Sell Sheet