Oil & Gas Innovation
Listen. Think. Innovate.
The end user required a smaller footprint than the traditional progressive cavity pump (PCP) system which used a belted motor, was unsightly in urban areas because of the pumpjack's size, weighed over 12 tons, and was hazardous due to all the moving parts. Additionally, variable speed, high power density, and constant torque across the speed range were added benefits.
Oil & Gas Innovations
- ATEX & Hazardous Duty® Motors
- IEC & NEMA Severe Duty Motors
- Medium Voltage Drives
- HubFlex® Shaft Couplings
- Variable Speed Explosion Performance Motors
- PMAC Radial Flux Motors
- Remote Monitoring
Leading with Innovative Solutions and Technology
Our oil and gas industry innovations include high efficiency ATEX and Hazardous Duty® motors, state-of–the-art linear and crank rod pumps, and IEEE841 and severe duty motors. Medium voltage VFDs are “Performance Matched” to our motors, and PMAC integrated motors meet IE4 efficiencies for a myriad of applications.
These systems are powered by Marathon SyMAX® PMAC motors and Hub City HERA™ gear drives. The system offers several advantages over conventional motor drive combinations such as limited backspin, reduced motor weight, and a smaller frame size.
We pump oil and move gas around the world!
When it comes to pumping oil, compressing gas, or trapping greenhouse gases our brands have stood the test of time: from highly engineered controls, vapor systems and power transmission products to low and medium voltage motors that operate in the harshest environments and ambient conditions.
We provide market leading solutions that reduce energy consumption, improve process throughput, provide sustainability, and increase productivity and uptime.
High efficiency mechanical solutions are at the cutting edge of what we do best. We are recognized for producing reliable solutions that solve problems in critical applications where performance is crucial.
- The Jaure® and Kop-Flex® brands provide innovative solutions to coupling problems incurred in the oil and gas industry that provide years of trouble-free performance.
- Milwaukee Gear® brand of products has been a solution provider of gear cases and drives for the fracking industry since its inception.
We have an earned reputation for providing critical control solutions for over 50 years. Our AC drives, solid state starters and systems provide industry leading solutions for upstream, midstream and downstream applications.
- Our HY-BON® brand provides for vapor trap systems that reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases, offering a sustainable solution to a complex problem.
Our Marathon® brand has been a leader in the motor industry for over 100 years, creating motors that are designed to work in the high performance and extreme conditions of aggregate and quarry applications.
- The Blue Chip XRI® family of motors have led the motor industry for over 30 years in applications where NEMA Premium® IE3 efficiencies and severe duty construction are required. The family consists of Severe Duty, IEEE841,explosion proof and medium voltage motors through 10,000 horsepower.
The CEMP® brand builds ATEX flameproof motors for a host of applications including pumps, compressors and oil and gas field machinery around the world. They have earned a reputation for high quality motors and on-time deliveries keeping your production on target.
Today, our Marathon® brand builds on their 100-year-old legacy of innovative and efficient designs by the joining of magnetics, motors, and controls into a single leading technology. This allows for unparalleled power densities, unprecedented performance, and unmatched efficiencies.
- SyMAX® and NovaMAX™ PMAC radial flux motors allow you to imagine and implement possibilities that no conventional induction motor or competing variable speed technology could provide in a host of oil & gas applications. These high torque motors meet IE4 plus efficiencies in a smaller frame size than traditional motors, providing added savings in operating cost.
Our expertise goes beyond just product engineering to include a deep understanding of your applications so that together we can apply the best solutions to optimize your product design, reduce overall cost, and increase your equipment's performance.
*NEMA and NEMA Premium are trademarks of National Electrical Manufactures Association. All Rights Reserved.