Improving Quality with Lower Energy Cost
Energy Savings and High ROI
A customer was using a fixed speed motor controlling the ID fan by a mechanical inlet vane and damper system which wasted energy, wore out equipment, and was a maintenance nightmare. The plant engineer felt that additional process controls could be gained by increasing efficiency and production output along with improving quality with lower energy cost.
Cement & Asphalt Innovations
- Crusher Duty Motors
- HERA® Gear Drives
- MT Shaft Couplings
- Mounted Bearings
- NEMA Premium® Motors
- Medium Voltage Drives
- Medium Voltage Motors
- HERA® Gear Motors
- Variable Speed Motors
Products. Solutions. Systems.
The solution consisted of a highly efficient, variable speed Marathon® Blue Chip Series® XRI® medium voltage motor. A Weather Protected II enclosure designed for the harsh environments and temperatures associated with this application was chosen. The motor incorporates the patented MAX GUARD® MV insulation system and BCP bearing protection that mitigates stray bearing currents.
The AC drive, when coupled with the motor, reduces energy consumption, increases product throughput by adjusting the speed of the motor, reduces annual maintenance cost, and increases product quality.
A world of high performance solutions from a single source!
When it comes to the cement and asphalt industries, our brands have stood the test of time: from highly engineered controls and power transmission products to low and medium voltage motors that operate in the harshest of environments and ambient conditions.
We provide market leading solutions that reduce energy consumption, improve process throughput, provide sustainability, and increase productivity and uptime.
High efficiency mechanical solutions are at the cutting edge of what we do best. We are recognized for producing reliable solutions that solve problems in critical applications where performance is crucial.
- The Jaure® and Kop-Flex® brands provide innovative solutions to coupling problems incurred in the cement industry that provide years of trouble-free performance.
- Our Browning® brand is at the heart of your conveyor system providing the latest v-belt technology with patented bushing systems.
Our Marathon® brand has been a leader in the motor industry, creating motors that are designed to work in the high ambient and extreme conditions of cement and asphalt plants.
- The Blue Chip XRI® family of motors have led the motor industry for over 30 years in applications where NEMA Premium® IE3 efficiencies and severe duty construction are required. The family consists of Severe Duty, Crusher Duty, and medium voltage motors through 10,000 horsepower.
- The BlueMAX® inverter duty motors, with the patented MAX GUARD® insulation system, have stood the test of time as the choice of the design engineer when specifying variable speed motors for the most demanding applications. With unlimited lead length and protection against the potential destructive forces associated with the high switching frequencies of today’s PWM drives, you can be assured of reliable and dependable performance year after year.
Today, our Marathon® brand builds on their 100-year-old legacy of innovative and efficient designs by the joining of magnetics, motors, and controls into a single leading technology. This allows for unparalleled power densities, unprecedented performance, and unmatched efficiencies.
- SyMAX® and NovaMAX™ PMAC radial flux motors allow you to imagine and implement possibilities that no conventional induction motor or competing variable speed technology could provide in a host of cement applications. These high torque motors meet IE4 plus efficiencies in a smaller frame size than traditional motors providing added savings in operating cost.
Our expertise goes beyond just product engineering to include a deep understanding of your applications so that together we can apply the best solutions to optimize your product design, reduce overall cost, and increase your equipment's performance.
*NEMA and NEMA Premium are trademarks of National Electrical Manufactures Association. All Rights Reserved.