High Efficient Variable Speed Submersible Motor
Imagine the Impossible
Build a motor that operates under 75 feet of seawater, in 20° C temperatures, with 32 psi of pressure on the enclosure, that will experience high torque loads with high axial and tangential bending forces, and handle a salinity of 3.5% while dredging silt, sand, and aggregate the size of a baseball, with a five year maintenance interval— and we want it in 18 weeks
- LAMIDISC® Coupling
- DEP Systems
- IXILFLEX® Link Couplings
- COMPOLINK® Couplings
- PMAC Axial Flux Motors
- IEC & NEMA Marine Motors
- AC Drives
- Barrel Couplings
- Drive Shafts
- Variable Speed Motors
Over 50 Years of Engineering Knowhow and Expertise
We have been providing global solutions for more than 50 years to the marine industry. Our experience includes state-of-the-art couplings, diesel electric propulsion systems, and custom variable speed brake motors. We have the engineering knowhow and expertise in offshore, marine, and port applications.
The solution consists of a high efficiency, variable speed, submersible 710kW, 12-pole, 690V Marathon motor with special marine epoxy coatings applied externally and internally for added corrosion protection, oil filled, has a special bearing systems for operating high torque loads, and an enclosure specifically designed to reduce the bending forces associated with this application. A special pressurized water tank that contains the same salinity and temperature of the seawater that the motor is exposed to was built to simulate the application to ensure performance.
Highly engineered “Mission Critical” solutions.
At sea, on ocean platforms, or in ports, our products are essential to the marine industry: from highly engineered controls and power transmission products to low and medium voltage motors that operate in the harshest environments and ambient conditions.
We provide market leading solutions that reduce energy consumption, improve process throughput, provide sustainability, and increase productivity and uptime.
High efficiency mechanical solutions are at the cutting edge of what we do best. We are recognized for producing reliable solutions that solve problems in critical applications where performance is crucial.
- The Jaure® and Kop-Flex® brands provide innovative solutions to coupling problems incurred in the marine industry that provide years of trouble-free performance.
We have an earned reputation for providing critical control solutions. Benshaw® has been a leader of controls for over 40 years, providing low and medium voltage solid state starters along with medium voltage drives for “Mission Critical” applications. Custom control and protection algorithms optimize the motor’s performance, saving energy and reducing unnecessary downtime.
Regal has been a leader in the motor industry, creating motors and generators that are designed to work in the high performance and extreme conditions of the marine industry.
- The CEMP® brand of ATEX motors has led the motor industry for over 50 years in applications where flameproof motors are required. We build highly customized brake and inverter duty motors for high performance applications.
- The Marathon® brand of marine duty motors, with the patented MAX GUARD® insulation system, has stood the test of time as the choice of the design engineer when specifying variable speed motors for the most demanding marine applications.
- Our ROTOR® brand of IEC marine, lift, and brake motors are custom designed for the harsh environments of offshore platforms and port equipment, offering unparalleled performance in marine applications.
- The Marathon® Generator brand is a leader in Diesel Electric Propulsion systems that provide power to the ships’ drive units, offering reliable and dependable service in the toughest environments.
Today, our Marathon® brand builds on their 100-year-old legacy of innovative and efficient designs by the joining of magnetics, motors, and controls into a single leading technology. This allows for unparalleled power densities, unprecedented performance, and unmatched efficiencies.
- SyMAX® and NovaMAX™ PMAC radial flux motors allow you to imagine and implement possibilities that no conventional induction motor or competing variable speed technology could provide in a host of marine applications. These high torque motors meet IE4 plus efficiencies in a smaller frame size than traditional motors providing added savings in operating cost.