Hermetic Copper Bar Rotor-Shaft Assembly
High Efficiency High Performance
The traditional solution for hermetic induction motors has been aluminum die cast rotors. These workhorses have changed little since their inception over 50 years ago. They are very reliable when properly designed, manufactured and applied. With the increase focus on higher efficiencies due to government regulations, concerns for the environment, green products and sustainability by customers, the need for higher efficiency induction motors is required to meet these concerns.
Compressor & Turbomachinery Innovations
- Powerlign® Torque Monitoring System
- Max-C® Resilient Hybrid Couplings
- Low & Medium Voltage AC Drives
- HubFlex® Shaft Couplings
- Medium Voltage Motors
- Severe Duty Motors
- PMAC Axial Flux Motors
- PMAC Radial Flux Motors
- IEC IE3 Motors
- High Performance Couplings
Reduce life-cycle cost with innovative solution!
Genteq® hermetic motors offer improved compressor efficiency versus standard induction motors without the need for a variable frequency drive by using copper bar rotor motors. Our designs incorporate higher efficiencies, lower losses and additional thermal capacity when compared to induction motors thus allowing for a cooler running motor and higher reliability.
This solution can directly replace induction motors used in scroll, rotary screw and centrifugal compressors to achieve efficient operation. Solutions are available in power ranges from 0.5kW to 3000kW.
Regal’s brands have been providing innovative solutions to the compressor and turbo machinery industry for over 75 years. From highly engineered solid state controls, AC drives and motors to power transmission components.
We provide market leading solutions that reduce energy consumption, improve process throughput, provide sustainability, and increase productivity and uptime.
High performance couplings are at the cutting edge of what we do. We are recognized for producing reliable solutions that solve problems in critical applications where performance is crucial.
- Kop-Flex® couplings are offered with torque monitoring systems, high performance disc, diaphragm, gear and hybrid couplings that extended operating life and reduced downtime.
- Browning® V-belts uniquely enhance performance and provide increased horsepower capacity in short center drives. Our single fabric design reduces vibration with increased belt life.
Our Marathon® motors have been a leader in the motor industry for over 100 years. They are designed to work in high performance and harsh conditions.
- The Blue Chip Series® XRI® family of low and medium voltage motors has led the motor industry for over 30 years in applications where NEMA Premium® IE3 efficiencies and variable speed are required. The family consists of low voltage general purpose, severe duty, variable speed motors through 600 horsepower. Medium voltage motors are available through 13.8kV and 10,000 horsepower.
Today, our "Marathon®" brand builds on its 100-year-old legacy of innovative and efficient designs by the joining of magnetics, motors, and controls into a single leading technology. This allows for unparalleled power densities, unprecedented performance, and unmatched efficiencies.
SyMAX® and NovaMAX™ PMAC radial flux motors allow you to imagine and implement possibilities that no conventional induction motor or competing variable speed technology could provide in a host of compressor applications. These high torque motors meet IE4 plus efficiencies in a smaller frame size than traditional motors, providing added savings in operating cost.
Our expertise goes beyond just product engineering to include a deep understanding of your applications so that together we can apply the best solutions to optimize your product design, reduce overall cost, and increase your equipment's performance.
*NEMA and NEMA Premium are trademarks of National Electrical Manufactures Association. All Rights Reserved.