Driven to be the best.
A key grain customer required a highly efficiency gear drive that could operate in ambient conditions to replace the existing system which had an operating cost that had begun to impact operation profits. Additionally, their existing worm gear drives were failing due to blown out seals that were causing contamination to the grain and excessive downtime for clean-up. They contacted the local Hub City™ sales office for help.
Grain Handling Innovations
- AC & DC Motors
- Belt Drives
- Mounted Bearings
- HubFlex® Shaft Couplings
- Roller Bearings
- AC Drives
- High Torque Motors
- HERA® Geardrives
Innovation is what drives our business.
Upon arriving, the Hub City™ sales engineer did a survey of the exiting mismatch of worm gears throughout the facility. She recommended an upgrade to HERA® gear drives which are up to 40% more efficient than a standard worm gear. Additionally, the HERA® gear drive was dimensionally interchangeable with up to 11 sizes of worm drives for inventory consolidation. Increased torque density and efficiency allowed for downsizing of units and motors, saving additional energy.
The HERA® gear drive is filled with PAG460 premium synthetic lubricant which meets USDA H1. The Viton® double lip seal protects against leaks at higher temperature, so couple this with a cooler running gear drive to do the helical-bevel gearing, and the customer now had a winner, replacing all existing worm drives and improving his bottom line with the high payback.
*Viton is a trademark of Chemours Company. All Rights Reserved.
Regal's brands have been providing innovative solutions to the grain industry for over 75 years: from AC drives and motors to power transmission components, we have you covered 365 days a year.
We provide market leading solutions that reduce energy consumption, improve process throughput, provide sustainability, and increase productivity and uptime.
High performance gear drives, pulleys, and belt drives are at the cutting edge of what we do best. We are recognized for producing reliable solutions that solve problems in critical applications where performance is crucial.
- Our SealMaster® brand high performance USRB spherical roller bearings extend operating life and reduce downtime. The optimized bearing geometry increases load capacity, reduces misalignment and increases speed, delivering years of trouble free service.
- The Browning® brand’s unique design V-belts enhance performance, and provides increased horsepower capacity in short center drives. Our single fabric design reduces vibration with increased belt life. For energy conscious users, our AX/BX molded notched/cogged V-belts are up to 3% more efficient than wrapped designs.
Our Marathon® motor brand has been a leader in the motor industry for over 100 years, creating motors that are designed to work in high performance and harsh conditions.
- The Blue Chip Series® XRI® family of low and medium voltage motors has led the motor industry for over 30 years in applications where NEMA Premium® IE3 efficiencies and variable speed are required. The family consists of low voltage general purpose, severe duty, and variable speed motors through 600 horsepower.
- Our Globetrotter® motor is a great choice where IE3 efficiencies are required and a cost effective solution is required. The motor is IP55 rated with a wide spread voltage for demanding applications.
Today, our Marathon® brand builds on its 100-year-old legacy of innovative and efficient designs by the joining of magnetics, motors, and controls into a single leading technology. This allows for unparalleled power densities, unprecedented performance, and unmatched efficiencies.
- SyMAX® and NovaMAX™ PMAC radial flux motors allow you to imagine and implement possibilities that no conventional induction motor or competing variable speed technology could provide in a host of grain applications. These high torque motors meet IE4 plus efficiencies in a smaller frame size than traditional motors, providing added savings in operating cost.
Our expertise goes beyond just product engineering to include a deep understanding of your applications so that together we can apply the best solutions to optimize your product design, reduce overall cost, and increase your equipment's performance.
*NEMA and NEMA Premium are trademarks of National Electrical Manufactures Association. All Rights Reserved.