Challenges drive Innovation!
An aerospace customer approached Regal to change a specialty bearing design after customer testing found application issues in an aircraft hydraulic pump. They turned to Regal to solve the problem of rotation of the bearing in a housing.
Aerospace & Defense Innovations
- Ball Bearings
- Cylindrical Roller Bearings
- Needle Roller Bearings
- HubFlex® Shaft Couplings
- PMAC Radial Flux Motors
- NEMA Premium® Motors
- Spherical Roller Bearings
- Roller Sets
- 400 HZ Generators
- Variable Speed Motors
A True Partner
As the McGill® technology team approached the problem and they reviewed the options available and worked with the customer to finalize an anti-rotation design that would solve the application issue. Through ongoing detailed communication, the McGill® operations team expedited the new design through the plant and delivered prototype parts in record time. The parts were vital to keep the customer’s project on track. “Your organization’s responsiveness and commitment shows through your actions what a “True Partner we have” – Program Manager, Customer
For over 60 years, our products have provided “Mission Critical” solutions to the aerospace and defense industry: from highly engineered aerospace bearings and power transmission products to generators that provide ground support and operate in the harshest environments and ambient conditions.
We provide market leading solutions that reduce energy consumption, improve process throughput, provide sustainability, and increase productivity and uptime.
High performance bearings are at the cutting edge of what we do. We are recognized for producing reliable solutions that solve problems in critical applications where performance is crucial.
- The McGill® brand of bearings has played a pivotal role in aerospace applications. A number of our innovations include: reduced bearing weight which has led to increasing payload size. Increased resistance to corrosion has extended operating life and reduced downtime.
- Regal manufactures aerospace bearings to the AS9100 Rev C-certified quality management system. The Regal, Valparaiso, Indiana, facility is Nadcap™ accredited for heat treating, chemical processing and nondestructive testing. In-house heat treating allows us to control the scheduling and quality of this critical process.
- Applications include helicopters, fixed-wing airplanes, naval applications, military ground vehicles and weapon systems.
We have earned a well-deserved reputation for providing on-ground support. Our Marathon® generators provide for power sensitive demands of tactical quiet military installations to the high-performance requirements for aircraft ground power servicing and starting. The LIMA® 400 Hertz high frequency brushless AC generators provide superior transient and steady state output, conforming to the latest MIL-STD requirements.
Our Marathon® motor brand has been a leader in the motor industry for over 100 years, creating motors that are designed to work in the high performance and extreme conditions of the aerospace industry.
- The Blue Chip Series® XRI® and Blue MAX® family of motors have led the motor industry for over 30 years in applications where NEMA Premium® IE3 efficiencies and variable speed are required. The families consist of general purpose, severe duty, variable speed motors through 600 horsepower.
Today, our Marathon® brand builds on its 100-year-old legacy of innovative and efficient designs by the joining of magnetics, motors, and controls into a single leading technology. This allows for unparalleled power densities, unprecedented performance, and unmatched efficiencies.
- SyMAX® and NovaMAX™ PMAC radial flux motors allow you to imagine and implement possibilities that no conventional induction motor or competing variable speed technology could provide in a host of material handling applications. These high torque motors meet IE4 plus efficiencies in a smaller frame size than traditional motors, providing added savings in operating cost.
Our expertise goes beyond just product engineering to include a deep understanding of your applications so that together we can apply the best solutions to optimize your product design, reduce overall cost, and increase your equipment's performance.
*NEMA and NEMA Premium are trademarks of National Electrical Manufactures Association. All Rights Reserved.