A canning problem!
A major tomato processor was designing a new plant and needed a solid solution for handling and conveying 900 tomato cans per minute. A number of challenges to overcome were the following: reduce noise levels, improve production efficiency, and reduce maintenance cost. The plant would be highly automated and incorporate aggressive cleaning agents for product hygiene.
- HERA® Gear Drives
- In-Line Gear Reducers
- AC & DC Drives
- Hub Flex® Shaft Couplings
- Aluminum Gear Reducers
- Mounted Bearings
- PMAC Axial Flux Motors
- PMAC Radial Flux Motors
- IEC IE3 Motors
- Modular Plastic Belts
Solved by an ingenious canning success.
An innovate solution was submitted by the Regal team, where a System Plast® NG® 2250 FT belt was chosen for the high speed single line conveyors running up to 295’ per minute. For the mass handling of the cans, the reliable NG 2250 belt was chosen to make the long runs with fewer drives.
The customer benefits provided by the 2250 FT included smooth handling and transfer of the cans. The .34” thickness of the belt, compared to a competitor’s solution of using a thicker chain, drastically reduced the necessary number of magnets needed on the elevators. Together with the belts, System Plast® belts, Regal offered a complete range of components necessary to build several dry-running lines successfully. This in turn reduced noise levels, the number of damaged cans, and maintenance cost.
Regal’s brands have been an industry leader in the packaging industry for over 50 years: from providing highly engineered power transmission and conveyor products to supplying controls and motors.
We provide market leading solutions that reduce energy consumption, improve process throughput, provide sustainability, and increase productivity and uptime.
High efficiency mechanical solutions are at the cutting edge of what we do best. We are recognized for producing reliable solutions that solve problems in critical applications where performance is crucial.
- Hub City™ HERA® geardrives are 90% plus efficient and a direct drop-in replacement to existing worm gears delivering a short payback, reduced inventory and longer life.
- Kop-Flex® couplings provide innovative solutions to coupling problems incurred in the packaging industry that provide years of trouble-free performance.
- System Plast® conveyors are a recognized world leader in conveying applications in the beverage, food and packaging industries. They provide “think out of the box” solutions that deliver high ROI.
Our Marathon® motors have been a leader in the motor industry for over 100 years, offering motors that are designed to work in the high performance and extreme conditions of the unit handling industry.
- The Blue Chip Series® XRI® and Blue MAX® family of motors has led the motor industry for over 30 years in applications where NEMA Premium® IE3 efficiencies and variable speed are required. The family consists of general purpose, severe duty, variable speed motors through 600 horsepower.
Today, our "Marathon®" brand builds on it’s 100-year-old legacy of innovative and efficient designs by the joining of magnetics, motors, and controls into a single leading technology. This allows for unparalleled power densities, unprecedented performance, and unmatched efficiencies.
- SyMAX® and NovaMAX™ PMAC radial flux motors allow you to imagine and implement possibilities that no conventional induction motor or competing variable speed technology could provide in a host of material handling applications. These high torque motors meet IE4 plus efficiencies in a smaller frame size than traditional motors, providing added savings in operating cost.
*NEMA and NEMA Premium are trademarks of National Electrical Manufactures Association. All Rights Reserved.