Sealmaster® Waste Solution
Sealmaster® SolutionAfter review by the customer, Sealmaster gold bearings were the solution. Sealmaster gold bearings’ enhanced features - felt seal, wide outer ring, and land riding retainer - proved to be the deciding factor in the customer’s decision. The felt seal helps filter out the contaminants in the customer’s dirty, gritty environment. The wide outer ring allows for better sealing options and increased grease capacity. The land riding retainer provides greater grease circulation than the product used previously by the customer. These qualities were essential in the final solution.
Recycling and waste conveyor
Sealmaster gold line bearings
Sealmaster gold SFT-208 bearings
Key Customer Need(s) and Benefits from Sealmaster® Products
The Sealmaster gold bearings outlasted the previously used imported bearings by approximately 4-5 months. Using Sealmaster gold bearings brought in an estimated ROI of $10,000/year = $1,600/ year from the bearings themselves, and $8,400/year from less downtime and labor costs.
Sealmaster® SFT-208 Solution
Features and Benefits
- Sealmaster mounted ball bearings with setscrew locking are available in a wide variety of features:
- Inch bore size from 1/2” to 4 15/16”
- Metric bore size from 20mm to 100mm
- 10 housing styles
- Standard and medium duty series
- Wide outer ring design provides increased grease capacity to lubricate the bearings.
- Anti-rotation - pin and dimple system prevents the bearing OD from creep/rotation due to vibration over time while providing a full ±2° of static misalignment.
- Direct lube - pin and dimple system provides a direct lubrication path into bearing, eliminating the need to channel grease around a lubrication groove common on standard mounted ball bearing units.
- Felt labyrinth seal with rotating flinger helps direct contamination away from the sealing surfaces. Alternate seal options available upon request; see Sealmaster Custom Select.
- Black oxide standard on inner/outer rings and seal components, helps inhibit corrosion.
- Zone hardened inner race provides a fully hardened ball path while leaving the race extensions unhardened, allowing better setscrew holding power.
- Length through bore is longer than most competitors for greater shaft stability.
- Land-riding brass retainer has high strength, minimizes friction and provides grease circulation.
- 120° balanced setscrew position provides three-point balanced contact that minimizes vibration, reduces noise and improves reliability of the shaft assembly.
- Precision manufactured, diamond faceted setscrews improve clamping and resist backing out, versus other traditional cup point types.
- Solid base, cast iron pillow block housing provides stability and resistance to shock and vibration.
- Permanent metal nameplate allows for easy identification after years of operation.