Sealmaster® PN Gold™ Mounted Bearings Decrease Downtime
A large bakery routinely experienced nuisance maintenance due to bearing failures from contamination (flour, water, cleaning solution, etc.) ingress into the bearing past the seal on their conveyors. This created downtime and caused maintenance staff to regularly change out bearings. On the bun reversing conveyor, maintenance staff was changing bearings 2 or 3 times per month or ~ 26 times/year. Each change took up to 2 hours to replace the bearings at $30/ hr plus lost production revenue of $600/ hr. After switching to Sealmaster PN Gold mounted ball bearings with a patented high performance triple lip contact seal and Skwezloc® locking collar, the plant is saving ~$33,000 per year.
Bun Reversing Belt Conveyor
Decreased downtime and labor costs due to less bearing failures by switching to Sealmaster PN Gold mounted ball bearing, p/n CRPS-PN23T
The Benefits Seen By The Bakery Included
- Decreased downtime and labor costs due to less bearing removal and installation
- Improved operating efficiency
- Reduced need to inventory multiple bearing brands
- Allows maintenance staff to focus on other plant priorities
- $33,000 annual savings
Bakery Saves $33,000 Annually
High Performance Seal (HPS)
- Triple lip contact seal design provides multi-directional sealing to minimize contamination ingress and retain lubricant
- Highly durable, FKM seal lip material provides good chemical resistance and can withstand high temperatures.
- 304 stainless steel shell protects bearing and components from incoming contaminants.
- 304 stainless steel rotating flinger provides a corrosion resistant wear surface for all three lips and shields seal from contamination.
PN GOLD™ BEARING WITH SKWEZLOC® LOCKING COLLAR
- SKWEZLOC locking collar centers the shaft in the bearing bore and secures the shaft with near perfect concentricity
- Allows for quiet, smooth operation at higher speeds.
- Quickly, easily installed, removed and/or repositioned.
- Helps to protect shaft from scoring and burring.
- Helps reduce out-of- balance vibrational forces and fretting corrosion.
Back Side Shields Available
- Nitrile rubber gaskets reduce bearing moisture contact.
- 304 stainless plates improve assembly strength.
- Drain slots reduce moisture buildup.
End Caps Available
- Polypropylene material is resistant to corrosion.
- Hand-snaps into housing for easy installation.
- Shielded drain hole reduces moisture buildup.