Sealmaster MST47 Bearing for Aggregate Solution
The competitor’s bearings on the conveyor tail pulley failed every four to six weeks. The bearings were exposed to moisture and limestone dust, causing the bearings to fail when this mix passed through the bearing’s seals.
Sealmaster MST-47 ball bearings equipped with a double-lip contact seal were installed on the conveyor. The Sealmaster bearings continued to perform well at three months. The customer replaced all other failed bearings with the Sealmaster product.
Radial stacker building piles of 3/8” limestone for distribution.
Cost savings through increased uptime, reduced maintenance, labor, and part replacements.
Key Customer needs and benefits
Increasing uptime to several months from 4-6 weeks has greatly improved productivity. Also, maintenance labor and replacement part costs were reduced because the Sealmaster bearings lasted much longer.
Bearing with Double Lip Contact Seal
Features and Benefits
Sealmaster® mounted ball bearings with setscrew locking are available in a wide variety of features:
- Inch bore size from 1/2” to 4 15-16”
- Metric bore size from 20mm to 100mm
- 10 housing styles
- Standard and medium-duty series
- Wide outer ring design provides increased grease capacity to lubricate the bearings.
- Anti-rotation - pin and dimple system prevents the bearing OD from creep/rotation due to vibration over time while providing a full ±2” of static misalignment.
- Direct lube - pin and dimple system provides a direct lubrication path into bearing, eliminating the need to channel grease around a lubrication groove common on standard mounted ball bearing units.
- Double lip contact seal made of two sets of nitrile rubber washer in metal shroud designed to balance drag and protection; see Sealmaster custom select.
- Black oxide standard on inner/outer rings and seal components helps inhibit corrosion.
- Zone hardened inner race provides a fully hardened ball path while leaving the race extensions unhardened, allowing better setscrew holding power.
- Length through bore is longer than most competitors for greater shaft stability.
- Land-riding brass retainer has high strength, minimizes friction and provides grease circulation.
- 120° balanced setscrew position three-point balanced contact that minimizes vibration, reduces noise and improves the reliability of the shaft assembly.
- Precision manufactured, diamond faceted setscrews improve clamping and resist backing out.
- Solid base, pillow block, cast iron housing provides improved stability and resistance to shock and vibration.
- Permanent metal nameplate allows for easy identification after years of operation.
- Factory-filled with lithium complex NLGI 2 grease.