Sealmaster<sup>®</sup> Frozen Pizza SM PN Gold<sup>™</sup> Solution
SEALMASTER® SOLUTIONRegal proposed to replace their bearings with the Sealmaster® Reduced Maintenance PN Gold™ solution. This enhanced bearing solution addressed the contamination issue with the triple lip multi-directional high-performance seal to prevent contaminants from entering the bearing. Regal also recommended a protective backside shield that will prevent water from entering the back raceways of the bearings during washdown. The “sealed for life” bearing eliminated the need for frequent lubrication intervals by the maintenance staff.
Maintenance Cost Savings
Key Customer Need(s) and Benefits from Sealmaster® Products
Since implementation, the customer discovered that where 14 bearings were previously needed over the same time interval, 1 Sealmaster® Reduced Maintenance PN Gold™ bearing proved to cover the same performance life, saving the plant over $325,000 per year!
Sealmaster® Reduced Maintenance PN Gold™ Bearings
HIGH PERFORMANCE SEAL (HPS)
• Triple lip contact seal design provides multi-directional sealing to minimize contamination ingress and retain lubricant.
• Highly durable, FKM seal lip material provides good chemical resistance and can withstand high temperatures.
• 304 stainless steel shell protects bearing and components from incoming contaminants.
• 304 stainless steel rotating flinger provides a corrosion resistant wear surface for all three lips and shields seal from contamination.
PN GOLD™ BEARING WITH SKWEZLOC® LOCKING COLLAR
• SKWEZLOC locking collar centers the shaft in the bearing bore and secures the shaft with near perfect concentricity.
• Allows for quiet, smooth operation at higher speeds.
• Quickly, easily installed, removed and/or repositioned.
• Helps to protect shaft from scoring and burring.
• Helps reduce out-of- balance vibrational forces and fretting corrosion.
• Sealmaster® PN Gold™ Bearings have a wide outer race that features a tapered land profile.
• The tapered lands surface is tapered in radial direction toward the bearing race to ensure that lubricant will be easily redirected back to the raceway.
BACK SIDE SHIELDS AVAILABLE
• Nitrile rubber gaskets reduce bearing moisture contact.
• 304 stainless plates improve assembly strength.
• Drain slots reduce moisture buildup.
END CAPS AVAILABLE
• Polypropylene material is resistant to corrosion.
• Hand-snaps into housing for easy installation.
• Shielded drain hole reduces moisture buildup.