Sealmaster® Brewery Solution
Sealmaster® SolutionSealmaster reduced maintenance PN Gold™ bearings with stainless steel housings, bolt on end caps and back side shields were recommended to replace the current bearing design. Sealmaster reduced maintenance PN Gold bearings, with tapered lands for improved oil flow into the ball path, have a phosphorous nickel coated raceway to help prevent corrosion and a high performance triple lip seal to prevent water from entering the bearing. These reduced maintenance bearings do not require any re-lubrication.
Maintenance Cost Savings
Key Customer Need(s) and Benefits from Sealmaster® Products
The brewery needed to increase bearing life and prevent corrosion. By switching to the Sealmaster reduced maintenance PN Gold™ bearings, bearing life was extended from six months to eighteen months without failure. The result was a $30,000 estimated annual cost savings on this particular line.
Reduced Maintenance PN Gold™ Bearings
PN Gold bearings feature a high phosphorus, electroless nickel coated steel insert and a patented, triple lip/multi-directional high performance seal. Specially engineered for industries with corrosive washdown environments such as food and beverage, pharmaceuticals and chemical processing. The PN Gold mounted ball bearings provide outstanding performance in demanding corrosive environments.
- Housing: 316 Passivated Stainless Steel or High Strength Composite
- Bearing Races: High Phosphorus Electroless Nickel Plated 52100 Steel
- Balls: 440C Stainless Steel
- Retainer: Unique Metal Land Riding Retainer
- Seal: High Performance Seal (HPS)
- Set Screws: 300 Stainless Steel
- Grease Fitting: 303 Stainless Steel
- Grease: Lithium Complex
Features and Benefits
- High Phosphorus Electroless Nickel Plating: Provides exceptional corrosion resistance.
- High Performance Seal (HPS): Triple lip multi-directional sealing with excellent chemical resistance.
- Wide Outer Race: Provides extra grease capacity.
- Zone Hardened Inner Race: Provides longer life and quieter operation, improved locking reliability.
- Unique Metal Land Riding Retainer: Corrosion resistant, improves lubrication circulation.
- Lock Pin and Dimple System: Provides direct lubrication path and +/- 2° static misalignment and prevents outer race rotation.