Sealmaster Bearing RPB 207-CR2 Solution
A short bearing life was experienced on competitor’s bearings. During inspection of failed bearings their was evidence of water ingress, contamination, misalignment and vibration. The bearings are exposed to gritty water run-off and constant wear from vibration and misalignment caused by the counterweight compensating for changes in belt loading. Misalignment distorted the housing-mounted seals on the existing bearings, allowing water into the bearing chamber, causing the failure.
The Sealmaster® RPB-CR tapered roller bearing was selected which is self-aligning bearing with race-mounted contact seals. The bearing can tolerate +/-3 degrees of static shaft misalignment. Because the seals are integral to the bearing cartridge insert, they remain in positive contact with the inner ring when the bearing operates within the allowable range of misalignment. Excellent sealing results in superior performance when exposed to wet, dirty conditions.
Cost savings on maintenance and replacement parts; increased production uptime.
Bearings for counterweight pulley on “wet fines” material conveyor.
SEALMASTER® RPB BEARING
RPB 207-C2 CR
Features and Benefits
- Sealmaster RPB series heavy duty tapered roller bearing designed for radial, thrust and combination loading are available with a wide variety of features:
- Inch and metric bore size from 1 3/16” to 5” bore and 35 to 125 mm
- Multiple housing styles (RPB- 2 and 4 bolt pillow block / RFB - 4 bolt flange, RFP - Piloted flange)
- Multiple locking styles (Double lock collar as standard, Single lock collar specify a -A style)
- Multiple sealing options
- Non-expansion and expansion
- Unitized, replaceable cartridge insert allowing +/- 3 degrees static misalignment capability has factory controlled clearances and is factory lubricated.
- Housing equipped with fluoropolymer coated bolts, and stainless steel washers and grease fitting.
- Black oxide standard on outer rings and seal components inhibits corrosion.
- Anti-rotation pin helps prevent the bearing OD from creep/rotation due to vibration over time.
- Direct lube and venting system:
- Provides a direct lubrication path into the bearing
- Secondary internal relief port helps prevent seal damage by venting pressure from over greasing
- Grease fitting position at 30˚ resulting in less chance of being broken off
- Race mounted seals are not subject to misalignment distortion and direct contaminant away from the sealing surface.
- Contact seal for wet, moist conditions (-C).
- Lock collars with two, diamond faceted point setscrews at 120 degrees for balanced, three point contact.
- Expansion roller bearing pillow blocks available for use when significant temperature differentials are expected between shafts and mounting structures or shaft is unusually long - specify ERPB.
- Permanent metal nameplate allows for easy identification after years of operation.