NEXT GENERATION SKWEZLOC®
CONCENTRIC LOCKING CLAMP FOR IMPROVED LOCK RELIABILITY
Originally designed and patented in 1966, Sealmaster® SKWEZLOC®
the concentric lock has become the standard in concentric locking
and has been redesigned* to accommodate “commercial” grade turned
& polished (T&P) shaft tolerances. This new design also provides
improved lock reliability on the turned ground & polished (TG&P)
SKWEZLOC® concentric locking collar clamp design results in near-perfect
concentricity of the shaft-to-bearing bore and maintains near-perfect ball
path roundness while reducing fretting corrosion. This design eliminates
the shaft damage of setscrew locking and minimizes bearing induced
vibration for smoother quieter operation. The collar has a TORX Plus®
head cap screw that outlasts stripping 12 times longer than hex head
NEW DESIGN FEATURES
- Innovative circumferential groove on the inner ring bore that
improves shaft grip and reduces raceway distortion for quieter
smoother operation allowing for improved lock reliability.
- Larger cap screw and collar for improved clamping force to the shaft.
- Designed for use on “commercial” T&P shafting**, potential user
cost reduction on shafting by specifying “commercial” tolerances.
- Same simple single screw installation, no axial movement during
installation or risk of preloading the bearing which is concerns
when using an adapter lock design.
- Patent-pending design.
Note: all values exceed the axial load capacity of the bearing
*In laboratory axial push off testing for 1 7/16”, the next-generation design
- 85% holding force improvement on turned, ground & polish Shafting
vs old design;
- 59% holding force improvement on turned, ground & polish Shaftin
vs leading competitor; and
- 113% holding force improvement on turned & polish shafting vs
- CIRCUMFERENTIAL GROOVE increases inner ring elasticity to
improve grip (clamping force) on “undersized” commercial shafting
without increasing deformation to inner ring ball path.
- LARGER COLLAR & SCREW increase grip and holding power.
- OPTIMIZED CHAMFER PROFILE reduces stress concentrations
when the collar is tightened.
FEA Modeling of Installed Inner Ring