In 1892, the MorseManufacturing Company was established. In 1898, the Morse Chain Company was formally incorporated.
1901 saw the development of the silent power chain and in 1908 an automotive timing chain was added to the product portfolio.Through the years, the Morse Chain Company ventured beyond chain and in 1917 the Thomas-Morse airplane division was formed and subsequently built the Thomas-Scout for the US Army. In 1918, the company designed one of the first US fighter planes called the MB-3. Thomas-Scout airplane designs were later divested to the Convair division of General Dynamics.
In 1929, Morse Chain Company joined the newly formed Borg-Warner Corporation and they developed the roller chain in 1935. Various innovations in chain design and complementary products continued for Borg-Warner throughout the following decades.
In 1964, Borg-Warner acquired the Sealmaster Bearing Division of the Stephens Adamson Company and combined the Sealmaster® branded bearing products business with the Morse Chain Company and operated out of headquarters in Ithaca, NY.
In 1983, the Morse® Chain Company was acquired by Emerson Electric Company. In 1987, the Morse Chain Company became an integral part of Emerson Power Transmission Corporation (EPT).
In 2015, Emerson Power Transmission Corporation (also known as Power Transmission Solutions) was acquired by Regal Beloit Corporation.