How to Read a Model Number
How To Read a Marathon Model Number off the Nameplate
Example of Marathon Fractional Model Number: 8PE48A11O787AP R130
Example of Marathon Integral Model Number: 2QA215TBDRA7076AL L R116
- Date Code - Year Motor was manufactured.
- Thermal Protection (not always present in every Marathon model number)
- Date Code - Month Motor was manufactured.
- NEMA Frame Size
- Electrical Type
- RPM or Speed (Fractional Motors only)
- Frame Construction (Integral Motors only)
- Style Letter indicating redesign
- Sequence Number
- Revision Letters (1 letter for Fractional, 2 letters for Integral)
- Manufacturing Code
- Modification Code (only present on nameplates of motors that have been modified through Marathon's MOD CENTRAL)