NovaMAX® EC Permanent Magnet Motor
- Available in .75, 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7.5, 10,15 and 20 HP. Efficiency ratings are up to IE5 and beyond.
- Nameplate speeds from 600-3600 rpm, including 2400 rpm
- 230 to 575 volts, 3 phase
- Speed and voltage can be optimized for specific applications
- Unique conical airgap design
- Conforms to NEMA® & IEC mounting standards
- UL recognized, CE Mark
- IP54 ingress protection
- Greater than 40% reduction in motor losses vs. AC Induction motors
- Rapid payback-typically less than 18 months
- Exceeds IE5 proposed standard
- Maintains high efficiency under partial load
- Lower operating temperature for higher reliability
- Superior low speed torque and excellent torque linearity
- Standard NEMA and IEC mounting for easy substitution
NovaMAX motors are Electronically Commutated Permanent Magnet (ECPM) motors, also referred to as PMAC (Permanent Magnet AC) Motors, designed for variable speed applications. Like all PM motors they are inherently more efficient than induction motors and that efficiency advantage expands under partial load.
NovaMAX motors line of permanent magnet motor solutions offer a substantially superior energy efficiency exceeding proposed IE5 efficiency standards. They have greater power density and cooler operation which can lead to higher reliability and longer operating life.