- Compressor and Pump Couplings Brochure
- Coupling Recertification
- Floating Shaft Disc Couplings Installation and Maintenance
- How Disc Couplings Work
- Identifying Disc Coupling Failures Brochure
- Industrial Coupling Product Catalog
- Installation and maintenance
- KD2 Disc Coupling Installation and Maintenance
- Turbomachinery coupling catalog
KD® Disc Couplings
The KD® Disc Couplings are specifically designed to accommodate general purpose drive system applications. These include the following:
• Centrifugal Pumps
• Cooling towers
• Machine tools
• Printing machines
• Pulp & Paper machines
The KD Couplings transmit torque. They also provide for angular and axial misalignment between shafts with a specific configuration. That configuration is comprised of shaft-mounted hubs connected through flexible disc packs with spacer or sleeve assemblies.
All KD Couplings use stainless steel discs as flexible members, providing high strength and good corrosion resistance. The streamline disk pack design results in the reaction load on equipment bearings being minimized. These disc pack couplings are inherently self-centering; additional provision for limited end float is not required.
Most disc packs are unitized and self-locking nuts are provided. This simplifies installation and replacement.
The KD Disc Couplings are now available in an expanded range of sizes and styles suitable for common installations. Or if you need something special, we can design a coupling to meet your specific requirements.
Features & Benefits:
- Piloted Flange.
- Standard disc couplings - no lubrication.
- Theory of Operation: Transmits torque through thin scalloped flexible disc pack.
- Available from shelf for immediate shipment.
- Designed to meet API 610.
- Close coupled and spacer style.
- Custom-design available.
- Wide variety of styles and sizes.