- No need for lubrication and maintenance.
- No need to disassemble the coupling to inspect. Additionally, the condition of the discs can be checked while the machine is running, using a strobe light.
- The machine misalignment can be assessed.
- Torsional rigid without any backlash.
- No wearing parts, high resistance to harsh environmental conditions.
The design and manufacture of LAMIDISC® couplings are integrated into a certified Quality System according to DIN ISO 9001.
This fulfills the high-quality demands on LAMIDISC couplings. LAMIDISC couplings are offered in a variety of configurations to fit most applications.
Additionally, our engineering department can customize a coupling to special requirements. These include close-coupled, drop-out, electrically insulated, vertical mounting, safety couplings, etc.
A notable design is our LAMIDISC CX (reduced moment) coupling. This design has the anti-flail device mandated by API 610. It also offers low weight and a short center of gravity to bearing distance.
Jaure® couplings are designed and manufactured using the most recent Finite Element Analysis. This improves some disadvantages that disc couplings have. As a result of our ongoing development efforts, the LAMIDISC 6-bolt couplings can continuously operate at 1,50 angular misalignment without losing any torque capability
LAMIDISC couplings discs are made of high-grade stainless steel (AISI-301). This ensures high strength and high endurance to fatigue. It also ensures resistance to most environmental conditions. Furthermore, discs can be covered with a low friction coefficient coating to improve the resistance to fretting wear.
LAMIDISC couplings utilize unitized disc packs with 6, 8 and 10 bolts. More torque can be transmitted with a higher number of bolts. Conversely, few bolts are associated with a smaller misalignment.
The Jaure LAMIDISC couplings can be fitted with overload bushings which also serve as an anti-flail devices.
Larger sizes are available on demand.
- Operating speed must be equal or less than permissible speed. Permissible speeds could be limited by weight and critical speeds of spacers.
- Max. rotation speeds considered in special mat. and/or execution. For higher rotation speeds, please consult Regal®.
- The maximum bores shown are for cylindrical or taper shafts with keys. For other type of connections consult Regal®.
- Dimensions DBSE is the distance between shaft ends and is a variable parameter.
- Value of complete coupling with DBSE min., d1 and d2 max., GD2=4J.
- The value of axial misalignment is given for a complete 2 disk pack. Angular misalignment is given per pack.
- Overload bushings (SRX) are available on demand.