TorqTaper Plus® Shaft Mount Reducer
The end user had application issues with competitor gear reducer. Oil was leaking out of the gearbox causing internal gears to generate heat, further contributing to seal loss. Seal issues also meant that contamination was getting inside the gearbox. Upon removal of competitor’s unit, it was evident that there was not enough shaft available to mount a shaft mount gearbox with a dual bushing system (front and back). The application required a shaft mount with superior sealing and ability to mount with very little shaft available.
Browning® Product Solution
The Browning 800SMTP25 was selected for superior seal system, ease of installation and ability to mount onto a short shaft. Product benefits include robust seal system, single, reversible tapered bushing system and higher HP ratings. The bushing system includes a tapered stabilizer ring to mount opposite of bushing to reduce wobble.
Land conveyor at aggregate processing facility.
Maintenance Cost Savings
Key Customer Need(s) and Benefits From Browning® Products
- Barrier seal system with grease filled labyrinth v-ring seal to keep oil in and contaminants out.
- Reversible single bushing system for mounting flexibility.
Browning® Product: 800SMTP25
Features and Benefits
- TorqTaper Plus reducer mounting system allows ease of installation and removal
- Barrier seal system helps provide protection in the most extreme applications
- Tapered roller bearings on all shafts for maximum thrust capacity
- Commercially available bearings and seals simpliy maintenance
- Carburized and ground gearing provides higher rating capacity less space
- Size 107 - 800 • 3/4” through 8” shaft sizes
- Ratios 5:1 , 9:1 , 15:1 , 25:1 , and 35:1
- Up to 675,000 in/lbs torque
- Field installable backstop
- Available in c-face and hydraulic inputs
- Easily converted to a screw conveyor drive