Barrier Seal System For Bag House Dust Collector
Dust from superheated (2500 degrees) limestone rock is drawn through a kiln into a “bag house.” The reducer drive screw conveyors feed into a central repository. The fine dust that is generated penetrates the seal system in the competitor’s units causing an excessive number of failures to occur.
Browning® Product Solution
The solution included utilization of the patented barrier seal system from Regal. This combines a v-ring face seal, greasefilled labyrinth and rotating outer flinger to help provide protection against contamination and oil seal damage.
Bag house dust collector.
Maintenance cost savings.
Key Customer Need(S) and Benefits From Browning® Products
Reversible bushing system offered more flexibility versus competitive units. The application requires high quality seals to help protect the reducer from the ultra fine dust and contaminants. The Browning motor mount proved to be more durable in this application. Full line availability of power transmission components was a key factor in the customer’s choice of Browning products.
Features And Benefits
- Patented TorqTaper Plus® mounting system allows ease of installation and removal
- Patented barrier seal system provides protection in the most extreme applications
- Tapered roller bearings on all shafts for maximum thrust capacity
- Commercially available bearings and seals make maintenance trouble-free
- Carburized and ground gearing provides higher rating capacity less space
- Size 107 - 800 • 3/4” through 8” shaft sizes
- Ratios 5:1 , 9:1 , 15:1 , 25:1 , and 35:1
- Up to 675,000 in/lbs torque
- Field installable back stop
- Available in c- face and hydraulic inputs
- Easily converted to a screw conveyor drive